Can I make my own drawer pulls?
You can make your own designer drawer pulls with jewelry, nails, belts, and even shower hooks.
What can I use instead of drawer pulls?
Plastic toys from the dollar store or thrift shop are great pieces to start with. The plastic is softer and very forgiving if you end up needing to take a few tries to get the hole drilled out. They are somewhat large for your basic door knob or drawer pull, but could work on the right piece.
How do you clean old drawer pulls?
1. Baking Soda
- Boil some water in a small pot.
- Once the water is boiling, sprinkle in some baking soda.
- Use metal tongs to dip your drawer pulls into the bubbly baking soda water.
- Hold the drawer pulls in the water for a minute or so and watch the rust and dirt float away (so satisfying!)
How do you use upcycle drawers?
- Remove the old handles and sand down the chest of drawers thoroughly to remove any old paint or varnish.
- Apply the first layer of undercoat and leave to dry completely.
- Apply the first layer of eggshell paint and leave to dry before applying the second coat.