How many beads do you need for a chandelier?
You should be adding 12 strands, for a total 32 strands hanging now. The single, extra-long strands will be placed offset in any open spot you’d like. Once these are hung you will have a total of 36 strands of beads hanging from your hoop. Make sure to tie each strand to the hoop nice and tight!
Can you paint a beaded chandelier?
The beads have a lovely sheen to them, and it does not look “painted”. That was a nice, unexpected perk of spray painting this fixture rather than brushing it, but I did have to open the bead strands in a few places, stick my arm in, and spray the inside. I did two good coats and then let the chandelier dry overnight.
How do you make an old chandelier look modern?
Upgrade an Outdated Chandelier
- Apply Spray Paint. If you have a dated chandelier (Image 1) that you’d like to give a distinctive and classic look, begin by spray-painting the chandelier using a nice antique paint finish (Image 2).
- Add Decorative Candle Sleeves.
- Add Hanging Crystals.
How do you make a paper chandelier step by step?
Making the chandelier:
- Draw one half of the chandelier’s silhouette, similar to the one pictured, on your paper.
- Cut out the silhouette.
- Tape the stencil onto the cardboard and trace.
- Repeat the previous step.
- Carefully cut out both silhouettes using scissors and an X-ACTO knife.