How do you make a homemade rustic bench?
Here’s what you’ll need to pick up at GNH Lumber to build your rustic bench:
- 5 – 2×4 @ 8 feet long – cut longest boards first.
- Optional 1×3 under bench supports.
- 1 ¼ inch screws.
- 2 1/2-inch Pocket Hole Screws.
- Wood glue.
- Finish nails.
- 120 grit sandpaper.
- Wood filler.
How do you repurpose weathered wood?
Repurposing Old Wood Pallets and Crates
- Wall-mounted wine rack.
- Coat rack with hooks attached.
- Coffee table with a piece of glass on top to cover the gaps.
- Outdoor benches.
- Pet bed with room to hold a pet pillow for cushioning.
- Freestanding corner shelves.
What is the best wood to make a bench?
Cedar is a lightweight wood, making it the perfect choice if you plan to move or rearrange your outdoor furniture often. Cedar is also a good choice if you would like your bench to match your house or other furnishings, since it paints and stains well.