How do you make a homemade wooden tray?
How to make a wooden tray
- Step 1: Cut base panels. I cut the base panels out of 1×8 boards.
- Step 2: Cut top strips.
- Step 3: Stain boards.
- Step 4: Make pocket holes.
- Step 5: Attach boards.
- Step 6: Build a tray base.
- Step 7: Attach sides.
- Step 8: Apply finish and add hardware.
How do you distress wooden trays?
Use 400 grit sand paper to gently sand the chalk paint until smooth. This is where you begin to distress the tray so you can see some of the black paint underneath. Wipe gently with a dry cloth when finished. Use a brush to apply wax to the tray.
How do you make a homemade tray?
15 Decorative DIY trays for home (tutorials)
- Let’s have a look at: DIY trays.
- Crochet DIY Tray. Use doilies or crochet mats to refashion an old tray.
- Stenciled decorative tray. Paint a tray with your favorite design.
- Cardboard tray tutorial.
- DIY yardsticks tray.
- Make wine cork tray.
- Wooden tray tutorial.
- Painted DIY tray.
How do you waterproof a wooden tray?
There are three surefire ways to waterproof your wood for years to come.
- Use linseed or Tung oil to create a beautiful and protective hand-rubbed finish.
- Seal the wood with coating of polyurethane, varnish, or lacquer.
- Finish and waterproof wood simultaneously with a stain-sealant combo.