How do you make a trinket box out of wood?
- Step 1: Work out the size of your box – mine is 30cm wide and 20cm high – then measure and mark timber.
- Step 2: Cut four pieces of timber using the dropsaw: top, bottom and two sides.
- Step 3: Give every sawn surface a thorough sanding.
- Step 4: Position side pieces of timber on base of box.
How do you decorate a jewelry box?
Paint the entire surface of the box. You can use many different types of paint. For a bold look, use a bright colored acrylic or metallic paint. For a more distressed look, use a chalk based paint. Use stencils to add designs or create your own unique freehand patterns.
How do you decoupage a wooden jewelry box?
What to do:
- Give your box a good clean and then spray with your paint.
- Measure the inside of your box and cut two pieces of wood, which will slot inside and create compartments.
- Glue the wood inside your box with wood glue and leave to dry.
- Glue your chosen images onto the box using your PVA glue.
What do you put in a small wooden box?
16 Brilliant Ways To Use Wooden Crates
- Organize Your Mudroom. Use storage crates as shelving to control the chaos in your mudroom.
- Make A Bookcase.
- Make An Ottoman.
- Add Storage To Your Laundry Room.
- Cover Them Up.
- Make A Kitchen Island.
- Use Them As Cubbies.
- Build Them Yourself.
What do you put in a decorative wooden box?
Add some paint or a small decoration, or leave it plain. Arrange flowers, candles, jars, fake grass and twigs, stones, bottles, and other earthy decorations inside the box. Now you’ve got a beautiful rustic wooden box centerpiece that can liven up any room in your house.