- 1 What kind of wood should I use for a bar top?
- 2 What is the best material to use for a bar top?
- 3 How thick should a wood bar top be?
- 4 Can you use plywood for a bar top?
- 5 How far does a bar top overhang?
- 6 Is polyurethane good for bar top?
- 7 What is standard bar top height?
- 8 Is 45 inches too high for a bar?
- 9 How deep is a bar countertop?
- 10 How thick should a countertop be?
What kind of wood should I use for a bar top?
Finding the Best Wood for Bar Tops
- Reclaimed wood is the best wood for bar tops if you want a rustic bar.
- Oak is strong, stiff and resistant to warping.
- Wood bar tops can be pale honey-colored, classic dark brown or dramatic golden brown.
What is the best material to use for a bar top?
1) Granite When it comes to selecting a high-end countertop material, no matter if it’s for your kitchen, bathroom or bar, granite is among the top choices. Available in many colours and patterns, this natural stone adds character to your bar by creating a visually appealing countertop.
How thick should a wood bar top be?
Home bar tops are usually between 12- to 16-inches wide. Commercial bar tops vary from 20- to 28-inches in width, including a drink rail (or trough) on the server side of the bar. Drink rails are typically 3/4-inch deep by 4-inches wide. The minimum bar top thickness is 1 3/4-inches utilizing a flat grain wood.
Can you use plywood for a bar top?
When it comes to making DIY bar tops, plywood is an excellent material to choose since it is so affordable and is also very easy to work with.
How far does a bar top overhang?
A typical overhang for a comfortable seating area should be around 25-30cm (10-12”), this should leave enough knee room and adequate space between the countertop edge and the person seated. Therefore, as the depth of the overhang increases, so does the comfort and usability of the bar.
Is polyurethane good for bar top?
For a brushed-on finish, oil-based polyurethane is best. It is significantly more durable than water-based polyurethane for bar tops and restaurant tables because alcohol spills and the chemicals used for cleaning will soften water-based polyurethane over time.
What is standard bar top height?
The standard kitchen bar height is 42 inches.
- A raised bar helps to hide the clutter that generally gathers around the sink – like soap and sponges, and even dishes.
- A bar-height counter can help to create a definition of space between the kitchen and the rest of the home.
Is 45 inches too high for a bar?
Commercial Bars They should measure between 42 to 45 inches. In this case, you should consider the average height of both males and females, which is 5 feet, 4 inches. This is equivalent to 64.8 inches, which makes 42 -45 inches perfect for a commercial bar setting.
How deep is a bar countertop?
Typically a bar top that is a minimum of 18 inches deep works well, but you can extend this to 20 to 24 inches to allow more space for larger sinks and fixtures.
How thick should a countertop be?
The industry standard thickness for kitchen, bathroom, and other countertop surfaces in natural stone is 1.25 inches. This thickness provides the strength and stability required to create an unbroken surface without the need for stabilizing it with a plywood backing.