What do you need to make a footstool?
How to make a DIY footstool
- Plywood, chipboard or similar wood.
- Short table legs and brackets (I used these in 250mm Oak)
- High density foam, at least 10cm thick.
- Upholstery fabric.
- Staple gun and staples.
- Power drill, drill bit and screws for the leg brackets.
- Hot glue gun.
What can you do with a footstool?
Home Décor Ideas: 5 of the best uses for a footstool
- Child’s seat. A footstool makes the perfect seat for little ones.
- Footstool. It’s the obvious choice, but our footstools make the perfect partners to our sofas and chairs.
- Side table. A footstool also makes a smart side table.
- Pet bed.
- Storage coffee table.
What foam should I use for a footstool?
Even if you’re making a footstool from scratch as a craft project for all of these, you’ll need some footstool foam. A simple piece of square foam, such as chip foam will suffice for this kind of use.