How do you make a hope chest step by step?
How to Build a Hope Chest
- Step 1: Assemble the Box. Assemble the box as shown in the picture using 1-1/2″ wood screws.
- Step 2: Add Rails for Shelf.
- Step 3: Assemble Top Rail.
- Step 4: Install Top Rail.
- Step 5: Add Trim.
- Step 6: Assemble Top.
- Step 7: Assemble Cedar Shelf.
- Step 8: Install Hinges, Bumpers and Top.
What do you put in a hope chest?
Items in the hope chest traditionally included dishes, sheets, clothes, cooking accessories, and other household necessities. At the time when hope chests rose to popularity and for many decades afterward, a bride would be responsible for many household duties, so she brought what she would need with her.
Why is a hope chest called a hope chest?
The term hope chest symbolizes hope in a marriage. Most traditional hope chests were constructed with cedar, a type of wood that naturally repels insects and fungus. Traditional cedar hope chests were also used to help protect fabrics and to give the items inside a pleasant aroma.
How do you make a storage bench?
Storage bench tutorial
- Build the legs. Build the legs for each end of the bench.
- Build the center legs.
- Build the side and end panels of the bench.
- Build the bottom panel.
- Assemble the bench top/lid.
- Attach end panels.
- Attach front and back panels.
- Attach the bottom panel.