- 1 How do you make a ladder blanket?
- 2 What kind of wood do you use to make a blanket ladder?
- 3 What are the dimensions of a blanket ladder?
- 4 What angle do you cut the bottom of a ladder?
- 5 How do I keep my blanket ladder from sliding?
- 6 How do you angle a blanket ladder?
- 7 How do I clean an old wooden ladder?
- 8 What else can you use a blanket ladder for?
How do you make a ladder blanket?
DIY Blanket Ladder – The Build
- Step 1 – Make the Cuts. I cut 2 2×4’s @ 5ft.
- Step 2 – Drill Pocket Holes. Next, I used my Kreg Jig to drill 1 1/2″ pocket holes into the ends of each 2×6.
- Step 3 – Attach the Rungs.
- Step 4 – Add a Finish.
- Step 5 – Distressing the Finish.
What kind of wood do you use to make a blanket ladder?
dimensions we used to make this blanket ladder: 2 (6′ length) 2x4s, cut at a slight angle to lay flush on the wall (see photos above to see the angles against the wall and floor) 4 (18″ length) 1x4s for the ladder rungs.
What are the dimensions of a blanket ladder?
Each ladder is roughly 71.5 inches tall by 21 inches wide and is ideal for mid-sized to smaller blankets to display.
First mark off the bottom of one stringer at an angle of 30 degrees on the width and some 6 degrees on the thickness and cut off the waste.
How do I keep my blanket ladder from sliding?
How to keep blanket ladder from sliding? These non-slip pads are great to keep furniture from sliding around. They have the rubber grip on the bottom. You can cut them to size and easily stick to the bottom of the blanket ladder so it will stay in place.
How do you angle a blanket ladder?
Step 1: Cut your wood. Cut two 6-foot pieces for the sides of your ladder and five 18-inch pieces for the rungs. Next, you’ll want to angle the bottom of the 6-foot sections to 10°. You need to do this so it will be flush and level when you lean your blanket ladder against the wall when it’s finished.
How do I clean an old wooden ladder?
Take a piece of fine-grain sandpaper and sand with the grain of the wood, not against it, and then wipe the ladder clean with a dust cloth. Using a varnish brush, coat the ladder in a layer of clear timber varnish. Let it dry overnight and then lightly sand the next day. Repeat the process.
What else can you use a blanket ladder for?
Use Vertical Space in Your Home Decor
- large-scale wall art.
- large mirrors.
- tall lamps.
- interesting bookshelves or wall shelves.
- tall or hanging plants.
- decorative wooden or blanket ladders.