- 1 What can I use as a file cabinet?
- 2 How do I turn a dresser into a filing cabinet?
- 3 How do you make a file cabinet look pretty?
- 4 How do you cover a file cabinet?
- 5 Do I really need a file cabinet?
- 6 Does anyone still use file cabinets?
- 7 Where do you place a file cabinet?
- 8 Can you use a file cabinet as a dresser?
- 9 How tall does a file drawer need to be?
What can I use as a file cabinet?
5 Creative Alternatives to the Filing Cabinet
- Storage Trunks.
- Desk Drawers.
- Plastic Storage Containers.
How do I turn a dresser into a filing cabinet?
With just some cabinet hardware, and a twist of the screwdriver, you can convert a bedroom dresser into a great looking and functional filing cabinet.
- Remove the drawers from a dresser.
- Add new plastic grip handles to the front of the drawers.
- Insert metal file folder suspension frames into each drawer.
How do you make a file cabinet look pretty?
Here are 14 brilliant file cabinet decorating ideas recommended by teachers.
- Spruce it up with chalkboard paint.
- Cover it with wallpaper.
- Brighten it up with contact paper.
- Apply stickers.
- Slap on duct tape.
- Transform it with spray paint.
- Stick some magnets on it.
- Who knew ceiling tiles could be this cool?
How do you cover a file cabinet?
Paint. Applying a coat of paint is one of the easiest ways to disguise an ugly metal filing cabinet. Instead of a bland gray, beige or even black, paint allows you to choose virtually any color in the rainbow for your cabinet.
Do I really need a file cabinet?
As paper documents have become less prevalent in the modern workspace, the documents that remain are typically of high priority and importance. Filing cabinets not only provide storage for these important papers, they protect them as well.
Does anyone still use file cabinets?
This has motivated businesses of every kind and size to make the switch to digital, abandoning their paper. With this, filing cabinets have become obsolete. We still live in the physical world, though in a digital culture, and there are many serious advantages to keeping your filing cabinets.
Where do you place a file cabinet?
Put a file cabinet parallel to the desk and a bookcase at the base. The printer should be as near the computer as possible, while the fax may be farther away. Move infrequently used equipment, reference materials, and supplies to another room.
Can you use a file cabinet as a dresser?
Flip-front File Cabinet Dresser Turn a file cabinet into a stylish dresser. Remove the spacing guides. Cut the paper and the outer stripe at the gaps between the drawers. Add additional small pieces of tape to cover the ends of the drawer flaps, wrapping it around the top and bottom of the flaps.
How tall does a file drawer need to be?
The recommended minimum interior drawer box height is 9-1/4”. Recommended exterior minimum drawer box heights would be as follows depending on the bottom thickness and bottom inset. File slots are centered on the front and back.