How many wooden beads make garland?
I used 27 beads, but you can use as many as you want! The longer garlands can be wrapped around multiple times, or you can make 2 garlands, like me!
What kind of string do you use for wood bead garland?
Using a hemp string and a needle thread your beads onto the string. You can create patterns but alternating the wood beads and crochet beads if you’d like. Create a tassel by using the jute twine and wrapping it around your fingers until the thickness you want for a tassel is created.
How do you make wooden bead garland tassels?
To create your tassels:
- Wrap twine around your palm 20- 25 times.
- Wrap another piece of twine around one end of the loops you just made about 10 times.
- Cut all the loops on the opposite end to make a tassel.
- Open the tied off end and slip the end of your beaded length through the center.
- Repeat on the other end.
How do you style decorative beads?
Place decor beads into any kind of decorative bowl such as handmade pottery, vintage silver or a wooden dough bowl. The key is to use a contrasting material of bowl such as wood, metal, or ceramic pottery when using glass beads. However, if you use wooden beads, they would contrast well in a glass or metallic bowl.
How do you make Christmas garland with beads?
Here is how to make your tree beaded garland…
- You first want to cut your string to the length of your garland.
- Thread your needle and knot it at the other end.
- Find your bead pattern!
- String your bead pattern on your thread.
- Once all your beads are strung on, remove the needle and tie a triple knot at that end.
How do you dye wooden beads?
- prepare the color stain. Pour the color stain paint into a tall plastic cup up to the first line on the cup, or about 1/4 of the way full.
- add water.
- dye the beads.
- allow the beads to sit.
- remove the beads to dry.
- let the beads dry.
- repeat the process.