How do you make a simple wooden tray?
How to Make a Wooden Serving Tray
- Step 1: Cut your wood. Cut your plywood down to size.
- Step 2: sand.
- STEP 3: make the herringbone pattern.
- Step 4: glue the boards down.
- step 5: cut the excess.
- Step 6: cut the sides.
- step 7: sand and stain.
- Step 8: Assemble the tray.
What wood is used for trays?
Wooden serving trays are made from many different types of wood. Traditional English tea trays are often made from a hardwood like walnut and cherry. Contemporary trays can also be made from bamboo or teak.
How do you seal a wooden tray?
Use acrylic paint and a clear acrylic over the paint if you want a coat over the paint. For a natural finish, I recommend starting with Zissner Seal Coat for the first coat and clear acrylic for subsequent coats. If you plan on staining, don’t use the seal coat first. It will resist the stain.
How do you make a homemade tray?
15 Decorative DIY trays for home (tutorials)
- Let’s have a look at: DIY trays.
- Crochet DIY Tray. Use doilies or crochet mats to refashion an old tray.
- Stenciled decorative tray. Paint a tray with your favorite design.
- Cardboard tray tutorial.
- DIY yardsticks tray.
- Make wine cork tray.
- Wooden tray tutorial.
- Painted DIY tray.
How do you waterproof a wooden tray?
There are three surefire ways to waterproof your wood for years to come.
- Use linseed or Tung oil to create a beautiful and protective hand-rubbed finish.
- Seal the wood with coating of polyurethane, varnish, or lacquer.
- Finish and waterproof wood simultaneously with a stain-sealant combo.
How do you paint a wooden tray?
In order to paint and stencil it, you will need to remove the existing finish on the tray. Use a medium-grit sanding pad to sand the tray. This will allow the new paint to adhere. Then apply a coat of primer to the tray and allow it to dry for two hours.