How do you stain a picture frame?
Stained Wood Frame How-to:
- Step 1: Select Frames. You can purchase unfinished wood frames or use frames you already have and strip off the old finish.
- Step 2: Prepare the Frame.
- Step 3: Clean the Frame.
- Step 4: Condition.
- Step 5: Choose a Stain.
- Step 6: Stain the Frame.
- Step 7: Wipe Away.
- Step 8: Finish the Surface.
How do I make a picture frame without wood?
- Cut a piece of cardboard or construction paper into a rectangle.
- Cut a rectangle out of the middle of the cardboard.
- Paint the frame.
- Glue on paper decorations.
- Get creative with your decorations.
- Make the back of the frame.
- Glue this new rectangle to the back of the frame.
- Slide the picture into the frame.
How do I make a frame without mitered corners?
- Offset the biscuit slots closer to the front face of the frame so you don’t rout into them when rabbeting the rear face.
- Use two dowels at each joint to prevent the pieces from twisting out of alignment during glue-up.
- Drill pocket holes on the back faces of the rails only.
What tools do I need to make my own picture frames?
Whether you want something unique and creative or just need to use up some scrap wood, making your own picture frame can be easy and rewarding.
- Table saw.
- Miter saw.
- Wood router.
- Measuring tape.
- Wood glue.
- See full list «
- Brad nails.