How do I make my round patio table bigger?
A: Make a removable plywood table topper to expand your seating options. Use ¾-in. plywood, which is sturdy enough not to bend, and cut the topper no more than 2 ft. wider or longer than your original table top, giving you a foot of extra space on each side.
How do you make a weatherproof wood table?
There are three surefire ways to waterproof your wood for years to come.
- Use linseed or Tung oil to create a beautiful and protective hand-rubbed finish.
- Seal the wood with coating of polyurethane, varnish, or lacquer.
- Finish and waterproof wood simultaneously with a stain-sealant combo.
What wood is good for outdoor furniture?
Cypress, redwood and cedar are three softwoods that have natural moisture-wicking properties and make fine choices for outdoor furniture. But in our opinion, the best wood for outdoor furniture comes from top-of-the-line hardwoods such as: Teak.
How do you make a homemade table?
Here are a few more ideas:
- Hollow Core Doors: In combination with a pair of sawhorses or small bookcases a hollow core door can become a quick space to grab a bite with a crowd.
- Milk Crates: In a pinch for a crowd that’s willing to sit on the floor, 6-10 milk crates actually make a rather awesome dining room table.
How thick should a wood table top be?
Transitional styles vary greatly, but typically favor table top thicknesses in the mid-range, from 1″ to 1 ¾”. Not excessively thick or thin, but well-proportioned to the interior space. Larger, more rustic pieces may work well with a thicker top.
What can I use as a table top?
- Solid wood tabletops.
- Butcher block tabletops.
- Quartz composite tabletops.
- Ceramic composite tabletops.
- Granite tabletops.
- Marble tabletops.
- Glass tabletops.
- Medium density fiberboard (MDF) tabletops.