How do you make a simple wood stool?
- Create a plan and select your wood.
- Cut the pine for the seat.
- Flatten the boards on a jointer and bring them to 1 ½ inches thick at a planer.
- Glue up the seat.
- Shape the seat.
- Drill a 1-inch hole at a 12-degree angle through the seat bottom for each leg.
- Craft the legs.
- Finish the legs.
What can you do with a footstool?
Home Décor Ideas: 5 of the best uses for a footstool
- Child’s seat. A footstool makes the perfect seat for little ones.
- Footstool. It’s the obvious choice, but our footstools make the perfect partners to our sofas and chairs.
- Side table. A footstool also makes a smart side table.
- Pet bed.
- Storage coffee table.
What foam should I use for a footstool?
Even if you’re making a footstool from scratch as a craft project for all of these, you’ll need some footstool foam. A simple piece of square foam, such as chip foam will suffice for this kind of use.