- 1 How do you make a homemade ladder blanket?
- 2 What kind of wood do you use to make a blanket ladder?
- 3 What angle should a blanket ladder be?
- 4 What are the dimensions of a blanket ladder?
- 5 How do I keep my blanket ladder from sliding?
- 6 How do you cut the angle of a blanket ladder?
- 7 What is a blanket ladder used for?
How do you make a homemade ladder blanket?
DIY Blanket Ladder – The Build
- Step 1 – Make the Cuts. I cut 2 2×4’s @ 5ft.
- Step 2 – Drill Pocket Holes. Next, I used my Kreg Jig to drill 1 1/2″ pocket holes into the ends of each 2×6.
- Step 3 – Attach the Rungs.
- Step 4 – Add a Finish.
- Step 5 – Distressing the Finish.
What kind of wood do you use to make a blanket ladder?
dimensions we used to make this blanket ladder: 2 (6′ length) 2x4s, cut at a slight angle to lay flush on the wall (see photos above to see the angles against the wall and floor) 4 (18″ length) 1x4s for the ladder rungs.
What angle should a blanket ladder be?
When your ladder is leaning against the wall, you want your rungs to be level and straight. When your rungs are level you will able to sit knick-knacks on them and hang your blankets on the ladder and everything will look nice and straight. That said, your rungs need to be angled at 10° when you nail them in.
What are the dimensions of a blanket ladder?
Each ladder is roughly 71.5 inches tall by 21 inches wide and is ideal for mid-sized to smaller blankets to display.
How do I keep my blanket ladder from sliding?
How to keep blanket ladder from sliding? These non-slip pads are great to keep furniture from sliding around. They have the rubber grip on the bottom. You can cut them to size and easily stick to the bottom of the blanket ladder so it will stay in place.
How do you cut the angle of a blanket ladder?
- Step 1) Mark each end of your 5′ boards for 45 degree angles.
- Step 2) To cut your 45-degree angles, simply adjust your mitre saw to 45 degrees and cut along the line your marked.
- Step 3) Mark each of your 5″ boards at 6″ from the top and then every 12″
What is a blanket ladder used for?
This tall white wood ladder is great for hanging blankets and throws or simply display by itself for a decorative touch. Place in a bedroom or living room for a statement piece. In the bathroom, this ladder can be used as a unique towel rack.