What do you need for a wood accent wall?
Here are the basic items that every accent wall builder will need:
- wood planks or reclaimed barn wood.
- stud finder.
- level and pencil.
- a securing agent; consider a hammer and nails, nail gun or adhesive to secure the planks on the wall.
- miter saw or table saw (to cut off the edges of the wood plank for the perfect fit)
How much does an accent wall cost?
The cost of painting an accent wall: $ 140.00 12 foot long x up to 8 foot high: $ 160.00 14 foot long x up to 8 foot high: $ 210.00 20 foot long x up to 8 foot high: * The above all do not include the finish paint.
How do I make my walls look rustic?
Clean and prime your walls. Mix dark blue paint with an acrylic glaze and apply the mixture to your walls with a paint roller. Use a dampened sea sponge to randomly dab the walls to create a rustic, aged appearance. Work in small wall sections at a time, starting at a top corner and working your way down.
What is the easiest way to plank a wall?
how to plank a wall (aka DIY shiplap):
- Cut your plywood into planks.
- Choose the “better” side of each plank.
- Sand all along the edges of your front side.
- Tape a drop cloth to a large flat surface and lay your planks down with the sanded side UP.
- Prime and paint your shiplap boards.