How do you refinish a kitchen table with grooves?
Dip a putty knife into wood filler. Fill grooves and gouges in the table with the putty. Choose a stainable wood filler. Slightly overfill the groove and then allow the putty to dry according to package directions.
How do you seal reclaimed wood without changing color?
A water-based polyurethane finish will work great for sealing wood without altering the color. An acrylic lacquer is also a good option. All in all, it’s mostly a matter of personal preferences. But whichever of these products you choose, you want to look for a white-water one.
How do you make a homemade table?
Here are a few more ideas:
- Hollow Core Doors: In combination with a pair of sawhorses or small bookcases a hollow core door can become a quick space to grab a bite with a crowd.
- Milk Crates: In a pinch for a crowd that’s willing to sit on the floor, 6-10 milk crates actually make a rather awesome dining room table.
How thick should a wood table top be?
Transitional styles vary greatly, but typically favor table top thicknesses in the mid-range, from 1″ to 1 ¾”. Not excessively thick or thin, but well-proportioned to the interior space. Larger, more rustic pieces may work well with a thicker top.
How do you make a sturdy table?
6 Ways to Make a Stronger Table
- Consider table aprons.
- Consider thicker or stronger legs.
- Consider a stretcher base.
- Consider adding legs.
- Consider the attachment method.
- Most importantly, lift, don’t drag.