- 1 How can I make mandir at home?
- 2 Which wood is best for home temple?
- 3 Which material is best for home temple?
- 4 Which God idols should not be kept at home?
- 5 How can I arrange my pooja at home?
- 6 Which side should God face in a house?
- 7 Where should I keep my home temple?
- 8 Can God face east?
- 9 What is a Pooja Mandir?
- 10 Which God idols should be kept at home?
- 11 Can Pooja be next to kitchen?
- 12 Which direction should a Hindu face when praying?
How can I make mandir at home?
“The temple should be made of marble or wood. Avoid temples made from glass or acrylic. Do not clutter the temple. Ensure that you do not have multiple idols of the same God or Goddess, either in a seating or standing position in the temple.
Which wood is best for home temple?
Wooden temple designs made of sheesham wood are considered the best and auspicious for a home temple. You can also buy temples made of other wood. Marble temples are also one of the materials used to design mandir and are considered appropriate.
Which material is best for home temple?
Material to be used: The Temples are considered ideal when made in wood. According to Vastu Shastra, a temple made of wood is propitious and considered to be more religious. Sheesham Wood (Rosewood), apart from other wood types, is considered auspicious for Home Temple.
Which God idols should not be kept at home?
Natraj is considered to be the Rudra form of Lord Shiva, that is, the angry incarnations of Lord Shiva. Therefore, the idol of Natraj should not be kept in the house. This causes unrest in the house. The idol of sun god Shani Dev should also be avoided in keeping the worship in the house.
How can I arrange my pooja at home?
A. Pooja Room Direction, According to Vastu
- The best location for the mandir in the house is the north-east.
- Try to ensure that you face the north or the east while offering prayers.
- Don’t position the pooja room under a staircase or against the wall of a bathroom — it is considered inauspicious.
Which side should God face in a house?
According to Vastu experts, god should be placed in either east or north-east direction in the house. The idols or deities must be kept at a certain height from the ground. The setting should be such that the face of God must be towards west and the face of worshipper should be towards east.
Where should I keep my home temple?
– Mandir or altar is the king of all Vastu rules — place it in the North-East and everything will start falling in place. Also, face the East while praying. – Kitchen is the symbol of prosperity and should be ideally placed in the southeast. Kitchen in the North or North-East may bring financial and health problems.
Can God face east?
Regardless of which direction your pooja room is in, the god face direction should be towards the north-east. While praying, it is considered auspicious to face the north-east, north or east— – so place your idols accordingly.
What is a Pooja Mandir?
A pooja mandir is a home for the gods, a still place where Hindus meditate, chant and make daily offerings to beseech the deities for blessings, and to show honor and devotion. Hindus believe murtis are living representatives of a god; they treat the statues with the respect and care due a living being.
Which God idols should be kept at home?
For worshipping within the walls of your home, an idol of Ganesha in sitting position, also known as the lalitasana, is considered ideal. Vastu experts say that the sitting Ganesha represents a calm and composed demeanor and encourages a peaceful environment at home.
Can Pooja be next to kitchen?
According to Vastu Shastra, it is inauspicious to have the mandir in the kitchen, but you should look on the bright side! The effects of a pooja room inside the kitchen are not as bad as when it is in a bedroom or near a toilet, as per Vastu.
Which direction should a Hindu face when praying?
Use the right direction The direction of the temple should be such that the devotee faces east while praying. If east is not possible, the west can be another alternate location for the prayer room or temple. It is recommended to use the north-eastern or eastern part of the home for installing a home temple.