How do you make a weathered picture frame?
9 Steps to Shabby Chic
- Sand the Frame. Start by roughing up any glossy areas, creating an uneven finish.
- Paint It, Part One. Pick a paint color and apply it to the frame using a brush.
- Wax on.
- Paint It, Part Two.
- Wax Off.
- Wax On Again.
- Apply More Paint.
- Sanding to the Best Distress.
How do you make a picture frame without wood?
- Cut a piece of cardboard or construction paper into a rectangle.
- Cut a rectangle out of the middle of the cardboard.
- Paint the frame.
- Glue on paper decorations.
- Get creative with your decorations.
- Make the back of the frame.
- Glue this new rectangle to the back of the frame.
- Slide the picture into the frame.
How do I make a frame without mitered corners?
- Offset the biscuit slots closer to the front face of the frame so you don’t rout into them when rabbeting the rear face.
- Use two dowels at each joint to prevent the pieces from twisting out of alignment during glue-up.
- Drill pocket holes on the back faces of the rails only.
How do you whitewash wood picture frames?
To create the whitewash, mix 2 parts flat white latex paint with 1 part water. Then dip paint brush into the mix and stir it around until an even consistency forms.