- 1 What is a good cycle time for a log splitter?
- 2 Which log splitter has the fastest cycle time?
- 3 How do you adjust a hydraulic pump on a wood splitter?
- 4 Why does my log splitter bogs down under pressure?
- 5 How much HP does a log splitter need?
- 6 What is the best log splitter for the money?
- 7 What is the most powerful electric log splitter?
- 8 How long does it take to split a cord of wood with a splitter?
- 9 What is a kinetic log splitter?
- 10 How do you speed up a hydraulic log splitter?
- 11 What is 2 stage hydraulic pump?
- 12 Why won’t my log splitter split wood?
- 13 How do I know if my log splitter pump is bad?
- 14 Why is my wood splitter not working?
What is a good cycle time for a log splitter?
Most standard hydraulic splitters can have cycle times between 10 and 20 seconds which will suit most people. Sometimes a slower cycle time comes with added force so you can split a much larger and knotted log you normally couldn’t.
Which log splitter has the fastest cycle time?
Generac 10-Ton Kinetic Electric Log Splitter To say that this is the worlds fastest log splitter is an incredible statement, but in my opinion the Generac kinetic splitter is the world’s fastest. It has the quickest cycle speed of any splitter I have ever used coming in at just 1 second.
How do you adjust a hydraulic pump on a wood splitter?
How to Adjust the Pump Pressure on a Log Splitter
- Start the engine on your log splitter as you normally would.
- Set the pump lever in the neutral position.
- Twist the screw on the side of the pump clockwise with a flat blade screwdriver to increase pressure, according to the scale printed or embossed on the side.
Why does my log splitter bogs down under pressure?
Hydraulic systems use pressurized fluid to power a force. If your splitter is bogging down under pressure or seems weak, chances are there is something not right with how this system is operating in reference to the size of the hydraulic pump and what it is capable of.
How much HP does a log splitter need?
If you are serious about making your own backyard log splitter, then you want to have, at a minimum, the following components to provide the right amount of force and power for basic splitting of averaged sized, seasoned logs: A 5 Horsepower engine.
What is the best log splitter for the money?
The 10 Best Log Splitters of 2020
- Champion 25-ton Log Splitter.
- Swisher 22-ton Log Splitter.
- Boss Industrial 7-ton Electric Log Splitter.
- YARDMAX 25-ton Log Splitter.
- Sun Joe 10-ton Log Splitter.
- Power King 11-ton Kinetic Log Splitter.
- Boss Industrial 13-ton 3-Point Hitch Log Splitter.
- Troy-Bilt FLEX Log Splitter.
What is the most powerful electric log splitter?
The Best Electric Log Splitter on the Market 2021
- Boss Industrial ES7T20 7 Ton Electric Log Splitter (Our Top Recommended)
- WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter With Stand (Best for the Money)
- YARDMAX YS0552 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter.
- Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Log Splitter, 7-Ton.
How long does it take to split a cord of wood with a splitter?
Large splitters can go a whole lot faster. If logs are easily manageable, the Super Split can really go fast, maybe about 20 minutes or so. A splitter with a 6 way wedge and conveyor would probably be the fastest though, maybe like 15 minutes.
What is a kinetic log splitter?
In place of hydraulic pump systems, kinetic splitters use massive flywheels to convert energy from a motor or engine into a burst of force. That force drives a moveable rack and push plate into a log and pushes the log against the splitting wedge, breaking the wood apart.
How do you speed up a hydraulic log splitter?
To increase the speed of a log splitters operation, a bigger hydraulic fluid pump is required to pump more volume of hydraulic fluid. However, upgrading a hydraulic pump may also require you to increase the size of your hydraulic tank to prevent overheating the hydraulic fluid.
What is 2 stage hydraulic pump?
A two-stage pump is an ingenious time-saver. The pump actually contains two pumping sections and an internal pressure-sensing valve that cuts over between the two. One section of the pump generates the maximum gpm flow rate at a lower pressure.
Why won’t my log splitter split wood?
If a log is not splitting all the way through then the log may be too green or too large, meaning that it would require a greater force than your log splitting machine can manage. Also make sure the log is loaded properly and isn’t on an angle or is too long.
How do I know if my log splitter pump is bad?
Symptoms common to all log splitters
- Hydraulic cylinder won’t extend the wedge.
- Hydraulic valve leaks.
- Engine leaks oil or gas.
- Engine won’t start.
- Hydraulic cylinder leaks.
- Engine runs rough or misfires.
- Hydraulic pump leaks.
Why is my wood splitter not working?
A broken flexible pump coupler, clogged hydraulic fluid filter, failed hydraulic control valve, broken hydraulic pump or faulty hydraulic cylinder can prevent the hydraulic cylinder from extending the wedge on a log splitter. Accessing the flexible pump coupler is fairly easy, so check that part first.