How do you decorate a wooden turkey?
- Sand wood pieces to get off any sharp edges.
- Wipe with damp cloth.
- Spray both sides of wood with clear gloss. Let dry.
- Paint feathers of turkey in 3 different colors.
- Paint with 2 coats of paint.
- Paint body of turkey dark brown.
- Choose a color from your browns to paint the turkey’s feet.
- Paint waddle red.
How do you make a simple turkey out of paper?
How to make your Paper Turkey Craft
- Print our template and cut out the pieces. Trace the template pieces onto construction paper and cut the pieces out.
- Glue the feathers to the back of the turkey body first. Then flip the turkey over and add the eyes, beak, waddle, and feet to the front.
Is Turkey a hen?
Like other animals, turkeys have different names based on their gender and age: Male turkeys = gobblers. Female turkeys = hens. Young male turkeys = jakes.