How do you make a homemade spice rack?
Wire and Nail Put a fresh twist on the traditional wall-mounted spice rack by hanging your spice bottles directly on the wall. Simply wrap floral wire around the necks of some clear spice jars, and form a loop in the back. Set nails (or even adhesive wall hooks) into the wall in your favorite configuration, and hang.
What kind of wood do you use for a spice rack?
What Kind of Wood Do You Need to Make This Spice Rack? This easy to build spice cabinet can be made with just about any type of wood. I used common pine to build the cabinet and shelves. Pine is inexpensive and easy to work with.
What is the best container to store spices?
The Best Storage Containers
- Tins. This is the best possible place for your spices; preferably tins without glass tops.
- Small Spice Jars. Ikea has affordable options.
- Carousel spice racks. These popular organizers are best stored inside a cupboard, away from sunlight.
- Mason Jars. Perhaps the most eco-friendly choice.
How do you organize spices in a lazy Susan?
Lazy Susan Turntable A lazy susan is perfect for storing spices. You can keep it in a cupboard or keep it on the counter. Use the turn table to turn the spices and see all your different bottles. These are so useful!
How do you organize spices in a bag?
If you your spices come in bags and you prefer to leave them in the bags, use drawer inserts to keep them tidy in the drawer. Finally, you can repurpose baby food jars for a great, free spice container.
How do you hang a spice rack on the wall?
Mounting the spice rack to the wall requires inserting a couple of screws into the wall in the appropriate places.
- Assemble the BEKVAM spice rack fully and then hold it up to the wall in the location where you wish to hang it.
- Make a small pencil mark on the wall to indicate the top edge of the spice rack.