- 1 What do you need to make a resin wood table?
- 2 What resin do I use for wood table?
- 3 How much resin do I need for a coffee table?
- 4 Can you pour resin over chalk paint?
- 5 How do you use resin on a wood table?
- 6 How do you seal wood before epoxy?
- 7 How do you make a mold for a resin table?
- 8 How do you apply epoxy resin to wood?
What do you need to make a resin wood table?
Step 1: What You’ll Need: Preparation and Materials
- GlassCast® 50 clear epoxy resin.
- Wood – English Yew – with a waney edge.
- Translucent Tinting Pigments- we used blue.
- Tape – flash/release and double-sided.
- Polypropylene Sheet.
- Polishing Compound and Oil (or similar)
- Tools – various.
What resin do I use for wood table?
Epoxy resin is very effective at adhering to wood and virtually all other materials. A thinner resin will percolate the wood’s natural pores and make the sticking process more effective whereas thick and syrupy resin creates a suitable surface layer.
How much resin do I need for a coffee table?
The amount of epoxy resin you’ll need depends on how large and deep the area you are covering is. My coffee table is 4′ x 5″ x 16″ with a 3/8″ depth (from the tabletop to the top edge of the lip). I used 1 gallon and 2 quarts of the epoxy resin coating.
Can you pour resin over chalk paint?
Covering your chalk pastel artwork in a coating of ArtResin is easy – in fact, epoxy resin takes chalk pastel pieces next level, sealing and protecting them with a professional looking finish and a glossy sheen that makes colour pop!
How do you use resin on a wood table?
Pour a thin layer of the resin mixture onto the table top, pouring it slowly onto the center of the top. Fill any indents and flaws within the table surface with the mixture, using a foam brush to guide the resin into indentations. Continue pouring until the entire table top is coated.
How do you seal wood before epoxy?
Before applying epoxy, sand smooth non-porous surfaces —thoroughly abrade the surface. 80-grit aluminum oxide paper will provide a good texture for the epoxy to “key” into. Be sure the surface to be bonded is solid. Remove any flaking, chalking, blistering, or old coating before sanding.
How do you make a mold for a resin table?
More videos on YouTube
- Decide the desired finished size of your table.
- Add 1-2” to the length and width.
- Cut your form base from 3/4” melamine.
- Cut sides at least 1” taller than your wood thickness.
- Assemble melamine form with fast dry caulk.
- Add caulk to every seam, inside and out.
- Spray form with mold release.
How do you apply epoxy resin to wood?
How to use Epoxy Resin on Wood
- If you want to make a table out of epoxy resin, you have to tape the edges so the resin does not run over and drip onto the floor.
- Pour the epoxy over the wooden surface and spread it over the entire surface with a spatula or a squeegee.
- Remove air bubbles with a hot air gun or a torch.