How do you make a simple wooden storage box?
- Cut all of your wood pieces on a table saw to the measurements listed above.
- Once the pieces are cut, sand any rough edges.
- Prime and paint all the pieces.
- Lay one of the sides of your box face down on a table or flat surface.
- Glue with wood glue.
- Repeat with the second side and the other 2 supports.
Is plywood good for boxes?
I recommend using 1/4″ plywood for the sides of your boxes, as it will produce lightweight boxes with adequate stability. Don’t use 1/4″ plywood to make boxes much larger than mine, or the boxes will lose their stability. For the bottoms of the boxes, use a thicker plywood for more stability.
How do you make a sturdy box?
5 Simple Ways to Strengthen Your Cardboard Box
- Reinforce any gaps.
- Pad the length of the corners with cardboard inserts.
- Add a cardboard layer at the bottom.
- Tape over all inside joints and edges.
- Double box it.
- A Word of Caution.
Can you glue hinges to wood?
Hinges seem to perplex many woodworkers. However, depending on how thin your wood is, using ordinary hinges will weaken the material. In this case, you can apply rivets that have better holding power. If the material’s torque/weight is not substantial, you can use epoxy or wood glue.